Roots 827 DVJ Whispair dry vacuum exhausters from Howden Roots eliminate the problems associated with high temperatures at vacuum levels beyond 16 inches Hg. They can be arranged to operate in two- and three-stage systems to achieve vacuum levels down to 1 torr. Their heavy-duty design is suited for V-belt or direct-drive applications with integral-shaft ductile iron impellers. The casing, headplates, gear cover and drive end cover are gray iron. Carburized and ground alloy steel spur timing gears are taper-mounted on the shafts, secured with a locknut. Cylindrical roller bearings are splash lubricated at both the gear and opposite gear ends of the unit. Piston rings reduce air leakage through the headplate bores, and lip-type oil seals prevent lubricants from entering the air chamber. Rugged steel mounting feet permit in-field adaptability to either vertical or horizontal installation requirements. 800/557-6687; www.howdenroots.com.
- Hardworking Couple’s Pumping Business Booms Through Recession
- Take Pride in Your Rig to Show Customers You Mean Business
- 4 Tips to Promote Your Pumping Business on Social Media
- Pumper Empties Into Stormwater Drain, Forcing Cancellation of Swim Fest
- States Snapshot: The Future Is Tied to Technology and Automation